Relationships are beautiful with the right people. Right people are rare and hard to find. However, it’s worth trying. Many people get into toxic relationships because of no self-confidence and inferiority complex feelings.
These toxic relationships don't generate happiness instead, they generate confusion, pain, and sadness. It’s wise to avoid such relationships and mend yourself to find good relationships or not be in any relationships at all.
There are few signs of any toxic relationship. These are:
- It doesn’t help you grow or improve: When you are in a toxic relationship; you feel lazy, and you don’t feel like doing anything. Instead of becoming better, you become worse. This is an important sign of a toxic relationship. If you feel you are not better now than in your past after getting into a relationship, you can confirm that you are in a toxic relationship and do something about it.
- It limits you: do you feel you can’t do anything or do you feel you are caged in something? Do you limit yourself or prevent yourself from doing things you love the most? Then it’s a sign of a toxic relationship. A good relationship doesn’t limit your freedom. It encourages you to do things you love the most.
- It keeps you worried: if you were peaceful before your relationship and now if you feel worried all the time. If the cause of this worry is your relationship, then it’s a toxic relationship. A good relationship gives you joy and peace, not worry.
- You grow unhealthy habits: If you grow bad habits that once you thought were not good for you after getting into a relationship, then it’s a toxic relationship. A good relationship will help you overcome bad habits.
- Over possessiveness: Possessiveness is good in any relationship to an extent. If this possessiveness becomes too much, it makes any relationship toxic. Over-possessive people limit your freedom. They put limits and boundaries in your life. They feel you just belong to them, and they feel you should not have anything more important than them. Such toxic minds create a great mess and disturb your life. Be careful with such relationships.
- Doubt: Doubt is good, but doubting the person in a relationship makes that relationship lose its value. Good relationships are doubt-free. They are all about trust and love. Where there is doubt, there is no love and trust. If your partner doubts you so much, then it's a toxic relationship that needs to be taken care of.
- Too much anxiety: If you were more peaceful before a relationship, but now you feel too much anxiety about your life. If your partner is the reason for such anxiety, then it’s a toxic relationship. Good relationships free you from all anxieties and pain.
There may be several other signs of a toxic relationship. But you need to remember that relationships should fill our lives with confidence, love, joy, and peace. If they don’t do that, then they are all toxic that should be handled with no delay.