How to make decisions about the future?
“Deciding about your future is good. But taking decisions by being rightful is better than deciding by being greedy.”
Most of us make decisions. Some decisions are made for the present and some are made for the future. Most decisions for the future are taken because of fear. The future is a mystery and nobody can tell what happens tomorrow. Only this moment is in your hands and therefore future is unreal and even your fear is unreal as it’s about worrying about the future.
There are different ways people make decisions in life. Some decisions work well and some fail. The problem is most people make decisions because of their greedy nature, which is the cause of fears that keeps you disturbed.
Therefore, you should stop making decisions because of your fear and greediness. Such decisions work well and have more value in real-time. You need to grow courage and make the right decisions.
“Courage helps you make effective decisions in your life.”
One more quality you need to grow is rightfulness. Most decisions are made by being selfish, which is bad. You need to be rightful and make decisions and such decisions help others too and make you free from being selfish.
There are some simple practical steps you can make use of to make decisions in life. Before the steps, you need to build the right mindset.
Mindset qualities for decision making:
- Don’t be greedy: Always make decisions, considering even others.
- Grow courage: Grow courage by growing self-confidence.
- Lose your fear: Don’t give attention to your fears. Leave them.
- Be rightful: Always think about making good, not bad.
Once you set up your mind, follow these practical steps which are common for most problems.
- Respond to your problem, don’t react: Understand the problem well, find the source and find why it occurred or will occur?
- Make a list of solutions: Brainstorm for solutions and you can note them down. Write all possible solutions.
- Imagination: Now imagine you used the first solution to the problem and how it worked. Just imagine and is it effective? If not, go to next one and imagine again. Proceed further with solutions.
- Filtered list: Now whatever solutions seemed effective to you. Transfer them to other list and filter as much as possible that you have very few solutions left.
- Choose: Now from the filtered list choose the one that you believe will work really well. Take it and work on it.
Most decisions and ideas fail even though they are best. The main reason is bad execution. So make sure you are executing your idea, solution or decision well.